I cut the jeans into a pair of shorts, but they aren't really finished yet - they will come up in the next tutorial. That long denim fabric I was left with... just gonna use it in as many ways as I could think of. One of the easy ones - the BRAIDED DENIM BRACELET!
Steps shown below:
This is so simple - You guys might probably figure out what I've done with the three thin stripes.
1. Cut three lines, each about 5 cm long, 1 cm wide on your denim.
2. Tear off the stripes (it's upto you really you can use the scissors to cut them out).
3. Put each stripe on top of each other, leave about 2 cm in the front, sew them together so you can start your braid.
4. Start braiding!
5. When you have almost finished braiding, sew the end of the braid with a button.
6. Cut out a line on the 2 cm space you left before, so you can fit your button on the other side in.
7. Viola! Wear it with jeans, skirts, summer dresses...
(lil' tip: after cutting the denim,the splitting ends and threads might get a bit messy; chop them off if you feel like doing it or leave them there to create a distressed effect! x)
Hope you like my tutorial! Leave comments below if you have any questions :)